PARKING DURING SNOW REMOVAL: Ordinance 777
(A) Parking restrictions shall be in effect for the entire city during any snowfall that accumulates to the point of requiring plows to clean the streets. All residents shall be required to adhere to parking restrictions as defined:
- 1. On odd dates, vehicles shall be parked only on the side of the street with even numbered houses or buildings.
- 2. On even dates, vehicles shall be parked only on the side of the street with odd numbered houses or buildings.
- 3. Odd or even dates shall be determined at seven o'clock (7:00) A.M. and run until seven o'clock (7:00) A.M. the following morning.
- 4. Street sides with open space or no buildings shall be considered as being numbered the opposite of the other side of the street.
- 5. These restrictions will be in place for a minimum of forty eight (48) hours after the snowfall ends or until any street in question is completely cleared.
(B) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a petty offense and shall be fined in accordance with the city of Momence approved fine list found in section 1-4-1 of this code.
(C) In the event that any vehicle is so illegally parked after the requisite snowfall accumulation, the police shall, upon finding any such vehicle in violation, post a sign on said vehicle indicating the violation and requiring it to be moved within twenty four (24) hours. If such vehicle is not removed within twenty four (24) hours so as to be in compliance with this section, the police shall cause the vehicle to be towed and the cost of towing shall be paid by the owner thereof in addition to any fine otherwise imposed by this section. (Ord. 777, 4-7-2014)